History of The Cheekye
Over 100 years ago, the location of Cheekye Ranch was the start of the famous Pemberton Trail. It was early in the 1900`s tourism had started for Squamish. Vancouver and as far away as New York, vacationers would leave the ports in Vancouver and arrive by sea at the government Wharf. From there, the trek was made to Cheekye by horseback or stage-coach and eventually the Cheakamus Stage named “Rapid” in 1910 driven by Harry Judd.
The Cheekye Lodge is still standing today and the owners of Fergie’s make it their home. The Cheakamus House wasn’t so lucky and was destroyed and swept away by a massive flood in 1920.
Later Cheekye became a passenger station on the Pacific Great Eastern Railway. It was home to a fishing lodge, cabins, a small store, a logging camp, and a post office from October 16, 1924 to August 8, 1931.